For the first time ever, my blog was nominated for an award! Do you guys count the “you got 20 followers” notification as an award? Because I guess I got that one too one time. 😀 ONLY ONE TIME. haha Really though, I am SO excited to have been nominated by the lovely blogger Jenna at The Falcon Life for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is special because it not only makes ME feel honored, but it lets me celebrate 10 blogging friends (or soon-to-be-friends) at the same time! It works like this: someone sweet nominates me, and I get to introduce myself to all my readers again, and then I get to nominate 10 sweet bloggers who will get to introduce themselves to all of us. Kinda catchy, right? Here are the six official rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
So…without further adieu… let’s get to know me better here at jjheartblog with some fun questions:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Sharing posts! I just love writing…hearing the sound of my own keyboard haha!! And taking photos to accompany my posts is pretty fun too.
- What are your hobbies (other than your career and blogging)? I love to do a million things: bake, cook, SHOP, scrapbook, knit, sew, decorate, sing and OMGEE I absolutely love to play the cello and the piano. LOVE TO.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would it be? I want to go to Matterhorn–Switzerland. My husband and I have been dreaming about it for 4 years.
- What has been your favorite travel destination and why? My favorite destination is Rome, Italy. I studied abroad there for a semester with my husband (when we were dating/college students) and it was the most amazing experience ever. We lived in the heart of the city, right outside the Vatican Walls and kinda studied and definitely ate gelato and drank coffee every single day. He asked me to marry him while we were there, so Rome will always be the most special place to me. ❤ (Side note– WE LOVED PARIS TOO).
- If you could do one thing for all of mankind, what would it be? I would spread God’s love by being a loving person, showing an example of what love is really like–both between spouses, parent and child, friends, and just everyone around the world.
- If you could do anything for a day, what would that be? I would be a cellist in the London Symphony Orchestra–we would be practicing Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker and then perform it live
- What is your fondest childhood memory? My fondest memories are writing stories. then reading them aloud to my sisters, and then listening as they read their stories aloud. I have five sisters, and yes we totally had Little Women moments going on during those writing sessions. lol
- What motivates you? My husband. He is such a role model for me. I want to be as caring, generous, kind, and wonderful as he is. Every day I’m motivated to be a better person because I just try to keep up with him!
- If you could have 1 superpower, what would that be? To fly. Is that a superpower? I’ve wanted to be able to fly since I was a little kid. haha
- What advice would you give other bloggers about blogging? Blog about what you love!! Even if something seems like a good blogging niche, if it’s not your passion then writing will feel more like a school assignment than a creative exercise. Also, try to have at least 1 photo to accompany your post. Pictures enhance words!
And now, allow me to introduce you to 10 bloggers who I think deserve the Liebster award:
- Fashionably Meek
- Magnificent Forest
- Getting Out of Bed
- My Crazy Ash Life
- Shiny Little Pearls
And PS. I tried to make sure you were first-time nominees, but if I made a mistake, I’m sorry! You’re just that awesome. 😀 Okay you ten, here’s what I want to know:
- Who is your role model?
- What is your favorite song?
- Where is your favorite place to shop?
- Why did you choose your blog’s name?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who’s blog do you most often visit (besides your own)?
- What was your “aha!” moment when you decided you should start a blog?
- Where would you travel to if you could?
- Why do work where you do?–dream job?–pays the bills?–fits your major?
- How do you help others around you?
Thanks so much for reading this post! I appreciate each and every one of you. And thanks again to The Falcon Life for my nomination! I hope you all come back soon.